Northwest Elementary School is participating in a district-wide School Improvement Plan. Each year the plan is re-evaluated and updated as needed based on staff, student and parent input. The accomplishment for the 11-12 school year was the implementation of a school-wide Title I program. There are five goals in our School Improvement Plan:
- All students will improve their reading skills across the curriculum
- All students will improve their writing skills across the curriculum
- All students will improve their math skills across the curriculum
- All schools will analyze and use data to drive instruction
- Implementation of the Nurtured Heart Approach and Marcia McEvoy strategies to provide a learning environment where students feel safe and valued.